It is straightforward to reset a washing machine. However, problems may come when the washer has no reset button.
A whirlpool washer can be reset by following various methods, such as opening and closing the lid, unplugging the machine, resetting the circuit breaker, pressing a combination of buttons, etc. Following these methods, you can reset the Whirlpool washer without the reset button.
Whirlpool Washing Machine Troubleshooting
Resetting your Whirlpool washing machine is necessary to troubleshoot issues or restore its functionality. Several methods to reset different types of load washer is as follows:
How To Reset Whirlpool Front Load Washer
|1||Rotate the washer control dial counterclockwise to the 12 o’clock position.|
|2||Unplug the washing machine and wait for about a minute before plugging it back in. Listen for a faint clicking noise, signaling the first type of reset which should restore default settings.|
|3||Rotate the dial counterclockwise 360 degrees, |
then turn it right with three clicks,
left once, and right once again (should point at 3 o’clock),
All within 3 seconds to enter the diagnostic mode; lights at the bottom of the control should flash.
|4||Turn the knob clockwise four times until only the rinse light is illuminated. Press the start button to initiate recalibration mode; the machine will conduct a series of tests taking approximately three minutes, resetting components to a default state. The machine is ready for optimal use when all lights turn off at the end of the process.|
|5||For another reset technique, unplug the washing machine and let it sit for one minute. Plug it back in, wait for a few moments, and then open and close the lid six times in under 12 seconds to possibly issue a reset command (works on some models).|
|Note||The washing machine has many other modes and commands, which can be explored further in supplementary materials to become proficient in using this type of washing machine.|
Unplugging the Washing Machine
One of the most common ways to reset a Whirlpool front load washer is by disconnecting it from the power source. This approach allows the built-up electrical charge inside the machine to dissipate, effectively resetting the washer.
The washing machine must be switched off using the control panel before unplugging to prevent potential damage.
Modern appliances like washing machines often store residual electrical charges even after being turned off.
Resetting the Circuit Breaker
Circuit breakers are designed to protect electrical circuits from overloads.
If accessing the washing machine’s power cord is complex, an alternative method is to reset the circuit breaker connected to your home’s electrical panel.
This action will cut off power to the washer, essentially achieving the same effect as unplugging it. Resetting a tripped breaker can resolve power-related issues and serve as a reset for connected appliances.
Pressing a Combination of Buttons
Each washing machine model has its unique button combination for resetting. Certain Whirlpool washer models require a specific combination of buttons to be pressed or held down to initiate a reset.
To determine the correct button sequence for your washer, refer to its user manual.
If the manual is unavailable, you can simultaneously hold the Pause/Cancel and Power buttons, as this combination might work for some models.
How to Reset a Whirlpool Top Load Washer
Different Whirlpool top-load washing machines have specific reset procedures. These procedures can be found in the user manual of the particular models.
However, if you encounter issues with your Whirlpool top-load washing machine, the most common method is opening and closing the lid method.
This process can help recalibrate the device and clear any minor glitches.
To use this method, follow the steps given below:
- Start by disconnecting the washing machine from the power source. This step ensures safety during the reset procedure.
- Allow the washing machine to remain unplugged for at least one minute. This brief pause helps discharge any residual power within the machine’s circuits.
- After waiting, plug the machine back into the power outlet. Ensure a secure connection to the power source.
- Within the next twelve seconds, perform the action of opening and closing the lid of the washing machine six times. This action needs to be swift and consistent.
You should always contact Whirlpool customer support for further assistance.
How To Reset Whirlpool Washer With Touch Screen
Whirlpool is highly renowned for its sophisticated LED display board. When the display panel encounters issues, initiating a reset procedure for the Whirlpool Washer Touch Screen becomes imperative.
You should follow the below steps to reset a Whirlpool washer with a touch screen:
- Power down the washer and deactivate the primary circuit breaker to prevent potential short circuits.
- Next, adjust the Mode to the Normal Function setting.
- Subsequently, rotate the counter dial clockwise, making one distinct click.
- Then, turn the dial clockwise for three clicks, followed by a single counterclockwise click and another clockwise click.
- Following this sequence, press the Start Button. Assess the washer’s functions by navigating through the various cycles.
If still, the issue persists, then press Pause/Cancel, followed by Start, then Error/Problem, and subsequently restore time. Conclude the process by selecting a new cycle.
Regular Maintenance of washing machines is a must to prevent future issues.
Cleaning the lint filter, ensuring proper loading of clothes, and avoiding overloading the device, is also crucial as these factors impact the performance of devices.
How Do I Reset My Whirlpool Washing Machine?
Method 1: Unplug the Washing Machine
The first and simplest method is to unplug the washing machine. By unplugging the washing machine, the electric charges are dispersed. Follow the below steps to implement this method.
- Deactivate the washing machine using the control panel.
- Disconnect the appliance from the power source.
- Wait for approximately 3 minutes.
- Reconnect the washer to the power source.
- Allow a 30-second interval before switching it on again.
While following this method, remember to disconnect the machine before manually switching it off. This action can pose a safety risk to you and potentially harm the washing machine.
Method 2: Reset the Circuit Breaker
Follow the below steps to reset the machine:
- Manually power off the washing machine.
- Find the circuit breaker in your home’s electrical panel corresponding to the washing machine.
- Raise the circuit breaker to cut off the electricity supply to the machine. Allow a waiting period of 3 minutes.
- Reset the circuit breaker to restore power to the appliance. After waiting 30 seconds, proceed to pull on the machine using the control panel.
Method 3: Press a Combination of Buttons
Before proceeding, refer to your user manual to ascertain the appropriate button combination for your appliance. Without explicit directions, the combination given below is generally adequate.
- Press the pause/cancel button twice.
- Engage the power button once.
- Stay attentive for a beep sound or potential flashing on the display panel.
- After detecting the beep or flash, allow a few minutes before attempting another cycle.
Method 4: Turn the Dial
Though it’s a somewhat lengthier process and may involve some trial and error, resetting your Whirlpool washer is one of the most convenient methods.
You can utilize the washing machine’s dial to reset the appliance by following the steps:
- Turn off the washing machine manually using the control panel.
- Adjust the dial to the Normal cycle setting.
- Rotate the dial counterclockwise until it clicks once.
- Then, turn the dial clockwise for three clicks.
- Proceed by turning the dial counterclockwise for one click.
- Now, turn the dial clockwise for an additional click.
- Press the start button and patiently wait for the control panel to illuminate.
- Ensure that the buttons labeled “rinse,” “wash,” and “stop” are lit up. If not, you can either turn the dial or press the buttons to activate them.
- Manually turn off the appliance using the control panel.
- Unplug the washing machine for 20 seconds.
- Plug the machine back in and power it on.
Method 5: Open and Close the Lid
Opening and closing the lid is one of the most convenient methods for resetting Whirlpool washers with top load. Follow the below steps:
- Deactivate the machine manually using the control panel.
- Disconnect the machine from the power source.
- Allow 1 minute before reconnecting the appliance to the power outlet.
- Perform six cycles of opening and closing the lid within a 12-second window.
- Await either a beep sound or the illumination of the control panel, confirming the successful reset.
Method 6: Press the Power and Program Buttons
The fifth method is to press the “power,” “program,” and “water level” buttons simultaneously. Subsequently, act as opening and promptly closing the lid. Follow the below steps:
- Deactivate the machine manually by utilizing the control panel.
- Press the “program” button continuously while simultaneously tapping the “water level” button twice. This action should result in the illumination of the control panel.
- Individually press each button on the control panel, excluding the “power” button.
- Proceed to open the lid, which should trigger an audible beep.
- Conclusively, shut the lid again, effectively accomplishing the machine’s reset.
How to Confirm You Have Reset Your Whirlpool Washing Machine
Once you have tried all these methods, knowing whether your Whirlpool washing machine has reset is essential. So, to confirm it, you can follow various methods. These are:
Check the control panel
After performing the reset procedure, look at the control panel of your Whirlpool washing machine. If it displays any error codes or messages, it indicates that the reset was unsuccessful. In this case, repeat the reset process or consult the user manual for further troubleshooting steps.
Pressing the Start Button
To ensure the success of the reset procedure, it’s essential to verify its effectiveness. This can be done by doing the following things:
- Press the start button on the machine.
- Observe whether all cycle lights illuminate.
- If the lights illuminate, proceed to the next step.
- If the lights do not light up, it indicates an unsuccessful reset.
- Press the start/stop button again if the attempt was successful.
Dial Rotation and Button Illumination
You should rotate the dial until the “rinse,” “wash,” and “stop” buttons are illuminated on the control panel.
Power Cycle the Machine
If the machine is still not functioning as intended, another method to proceed to check whether it has successfully reset or not is:
- Turn off the machine.
- Unplug the machine from the power source for 10 seconds.
Test a wash cycle
After completing the reset attempts, run a test load without any clothes to ensure proper functionality:
- Run a test load cycle without placing clothes in the machine.
- Observe the machine’s performance to verify that everything usually operates.
By following the above steps, you can confirm whether you have performed a successful reset or not.
Therefore, you can reset a Whirlpool washer using different approaches, like opening and closing the lid, disconnecting the machine from power, resetting the circuit breaker, or pressing a specific sequence of buttons. These methods allow you to reset the Whirlpool washer even in the absence of a dedicated reset button.
What are you waiting for? Reset your Whirlpool washer today and have the seamless experience of using it!